How to empower employees to share information
Many times employees are afraid to share information because they’re fearful of losing their jobs or being stuck on a project they aren’t interested in. Here’s how to empower them to share information:
- Show it’s part of the culture. From the hiring process demonstrate and discuss with potential employees that information sharing is part of the company culture.
- Use technology. Find a project management tool that can show you the flow of information, what the process looks like and where information might get stuck. Check out Trello, Airtable, and Asana.
- Incentive collaboration. Think about if demonstrating collaboration can be part of the promotion structure. Can you add this into a requirement to move up within your organization?
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- How to Provide a Safe Space (Online and Offline) for Employees to Bring Their Whole Selves to Work - January 21, 2020
- The one thing you need to do to enhance team brainstorming - January 16, 2020
- The Secret to Landing Top Clients in Any Industry - January 14, 2020