4 TIPS FOR MANAGING A VIRTUAL WORKFORCE
It can be tricky being a manager for the first time, but arguably harder if you don’t physically see your employees daily.
- Host office hours. Make yourself available at specific times that your employees can reach you and ask questions. Keep your virtual office door open and invite conversation.
- Share your communication style. Share with your team the best way to get in touch with you (email, text, messenger)
- Virtual happy hour. Invite informal conversations with your team over a glass of wine or coffee.
- Get face time. If you’re in their town, take your employee out to lunch and get to know them.
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- How to Provide a Safe Space (Online and Offline) for Employees to Bring Their Whole Selves to Work - January 21, 2020
- The one thing you need to do to enhance team brainstorming - January 16, 2020
- The Secret to Landing Top Clients in Any Industry - January 14, 2020